WELCOME CANADIAN CUSTOMERS! Please click here
NanoRoast: Your Personal Coffee Roaster
Custom-Roasted the Way You Want It!
NanoRoast is a tiny company devoted to connecting discerning coffee lovers with really fine coffee roasted the way they like it best. We will custom-select, custom-roast and custom-blend your favorite single origin or blend so it tastes how YOU want your coffee to taste. We cheerfully create custom blends just for you, too. We believe coffee can be art, and we aim to prove it in the tasting. If you care about your coffee, give us a try.
Here is why NanoRoast is special:
1. We use only “specialty grade” coffee, the highest grade of raw coffee beans based on extensive cupping in the field and in our lab. Specialty coffee comprises only about 3% of all the beans grown in the world. We are kind of picky about quality, so you get only the best.
2. We roast it to your liking. If you like lighter roast levels, you have come to the right place. We determine the range of roast levels where a particular coffee shines, then we offer you a choice to tell us which one you want. We want your feedback, too, so if our idea of a “medium roast” is too light or dark, tell us and we will adjust on the next purchase. We want a long-term relationship based on mutual coffee love.
3. You are our only customer when I’m roasting for you. There are no 20-lb “small batches” at NanoRoast. If you are ordering one of our signature blends, they are created at the time of order from individually-roasted batches, so we can do layered blends that incorporate different roast levels to achieve the flavors you want. Who else is crazy enough to do this?
4. We care about the ethics of our coffee, so we will buy coffees from sources that are eco-friendly, people-friendly and where the trade is fair, not just “fair trade.” In addition, all profits from NanoRoast sales go to support my (Susan’s) African volunteerism habit or to support innovative development projects among coffee farmers in the developing world.
5. Our Purchase Happiness Policy ensures that our customers are treated like we would like to be treated, especially if there is ever a problem with an order. We spell this out on our Customer Service page.
6. We have no gimmicky rewards or coupons, just our Occasional Random Upgrade Program, where customers can be (pleasantly) surprised from time to time by receiving more than they ordered, a complimentary sample of something we think you might like to try, or in some cases, a random discount. You won’t know when you might receive a Random Upgrade. That’s part of the fun.
7. FREE SHIPPING in the Continental USA. That’s probably going away after Thanksgiving, so enjoy it now. We are looking into ways to save both of us money on shipping. Stay tuned.
Ready to see what’s available? Click here.
Enjoy your coffee!
Head Bean Wrangler